Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to the food trucks! Los Chilangos

Today I set out to go to a food truck. I finally ended up going to Los Chilangos at the Renton Farmer's market. It was actually ,y third choice after two other choices did not work out for various reasons. In any case, Los Chilangos did not disappoint. They have a variety of mexican foods such ad tacos, tortas , and tamales. I ordered a torts with pork. It was cooked fresh on the spit. For those who don't know, a torta is essentially a Mexican sandwich. Mine had a generous portion of fresh pork, lettuce, cilantro, some black beans, and spicy green sauce. The pork was tasty and tender. It had just enough fat to keep it flavorful, but not overly fatty. I don't like meat overly fatty because it creates a texture I dislike. This meat was just right. The bread it came on was soft and fresh. Sometimes bread is an afterthought in this kind of meal. This bread was excellent. The spicy sauce was just spicy enough to make it flavorful but didn't burn my mouth. They also offered a mild sauce if you don't like spicy food. I will definitely look forward to eat at Los Chilangos again. B

No comments:

Post a Comment