Wednesday, July 20, 2011

week 5 street eating- Maximus/minimus

Today I walked six miles to downtown Seattle so that I could eat at Maximus Minimus. This is a street food vendor that serves many different things but is particular
Arly known for it's spicy pulled pork and it's sweet pulled pork. I ordered three things.

First I will start with ginger lemonade because I was the least impressed with it. It had a nice gingery and lemony taste but the problem was that it also has a metallic tap water taste. Seattle has good clean tap water, but I don't like that metal taste.

Second I ordered a side of sweet Cole slaw. It was a nice mix of cabbage, onion, and dried cranberries mixed with a creamy cole slaw dressing. I really liked the sweet, but a warning to those who don't like raw onions. This slaw had a lot of raw onions. That doesn't bother me though as they were plenty mild.

Third was the main event. Pulled pork is one of my favorite foods and this didn't disappoint. I choice the spicy version. I was told that it would be 2 to 3 star spicy. I would disagree. I didn't find it spicy at all but it did have lots of flavor and the cilantro was a fresh welcome summery taste. It also came on a sturdy wheat bun which was good because it didn't get soggy or messy.

Overall I really enjoyed my dining experience at Maximus Minimus.

No comments:

Post a Comment