Thursday, July 14, 2011

Street food (kind of): week 4 Skillet

So my friend Teresa and I have been trying to eat at skillet which is considered one of the better food trucks in Seattle. But we keep missing it. Today we drove all the way to Bellevue to find it. Bellevue is ten miles away which seems not far unless you realize Seattle people don't even like to leave their neighborhood. We got there around 1 and they were supposed to close at 2. But when we got there they were already gone!! They must have ran out of food and we were skillet-less again.

We finally decided to go to the diner version which opened not too long ago. There are a lot of things of the same things on the menu but it technically wasn't street food. But oh well! We were hungry!

I had a delicious hamburger with blue cheese, arugula, and bacon jam. It was delicious! But the real reason I was there was the poutine which for the uninformed is fries covered with gravy and cheese. Skillet adds herbs to theres also! Wow it was so good. My friend Teresa had poutine also but she got a grilled cheese sandwich. It was indeed a great sandwich. It was Brie, cheddar and American cheese on thick grilled brioche bread!! Yum!

We had a good time! Except when I lost my Dell phone. But she found it on the ground by her car! Phew!

I may be going to another street vendor this weekend just for giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment